Encode is currently seeking a Product Designer to join our Product Team in London, as we continue to expand our leading SaaS automation platform to plan, create and distribute marketing content across all media in the Marketing Technology (MarTech) space.
Our designers will be expected to create not just an application but ecosystems of intelligent multi-surface applications, data services, and cloud-enabled platforms. You will need to continuously reimagine the tools that our customers use for work.
The Product Development Team has team members in Odense, Copenhagen, Kyiv, London, and California. We follow lean and agile methodologies in building our product and pay attention to user experience and delivering outcomes that our customers and the market will love.
Your ultimate goal as a Product Designer is to design products with a clear value proposition, where you are responsible for the customer journey, UI/UX, and obtaining input from customers, product owners, and other stakeholders to deliver industry-leading product designs.
- Put in place a customer-centric design process, and lead user research and discovery on complex problems; speak with customers, get to know the problem space through research and iteration
- Design experiences that inspire, engage, inform, and excite our customers
- Collaborate with product management, customer success, and engineering to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals, and experience
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to final implementation by engineering
- Design and develop user experiences across desktop, mobile, and TV. Build reusable components for future use
- Conceptualise original ideas that bring simplicity and user-friendliness to complex design roadblocks
- Present and defend designs and key milestone deliverables to executive level stakeholders
- Guided by user research (quantitative and qualitative), establish and promote the Encode design system, best practices, and standards
- Responsible for Encode’s Brand Identity and partner with the Product Marketing team to ensure that the Encode brand (Visual, Tone of Voice, Look & Feel) flows consistently across product & features on all platforms and customer journey touchpoints
- Be an effective presenter to large customer audiences as well as command the attention of C level executives, and earn their trust through expertise and relevance for Encode to be seen at the forefront of design.
Required Skills and Experience
- 4+ years of human-centric UX/UI experience for enterprise SaaS platforms within a commercial, product-focused environment
- An online portfolio of work that shows how the user problem was solved and all the design thinking that got you to the final optimal solution
- Experience leading the design of complex systems across multiple platforms, including mobile and touch-based interfaces
- You will need to work on designs from wireframes down to pixel-perfect output. You need to be fully proficient with design and prototyping tools
- A customer-focused mindset and love for design from a strategic level down to the last pixel
- Experience in working in a high-growth Agile environment where decisions are driven by data and customer insights
- Strong storytelling skills and ability to create engagement across stakeholders
- Experience with inclusive and accessible design
- A background in enterprise marketing software would be advantageous
- Motivated by curiosity and an interest to learn new skills, technologies and ways of doing business
- Exceptional team player with proven ability to lead through influence
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- English - fluent
Life at Encode
We’re a diverse team of fun, genuine, smart people with a common mission to shake up the marketing and advertising process across retailers, brand owners, content creators, and agencies.
We’re passionate, motivated, and take pride in providing a great experience for our customers. We want like-minded people to join us. As an Encoder, you’ll be part of a tight-knit, hard-working, and innovative team at the top of their game, facing new challenges every day.
We champion our Encoders by providing opportunities for growth, always listening to their ideas, and treating everyone equally. We reward our people with great benefits, learning and development, career advancement opportunities, and competitive salaries.
Encode is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, colour, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. We are committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Job Start Date: ASAP
Job Locations: Remotely due to COVID-19 then London and remote
Type: Full-time, Permanent
How to apply?
Please send your application and CV to email@example.com.
If you are interested and would like to hear more, please reach out to Stuart Lynch, Product Director, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are continuously looking for talented people to join our teams, so please don’t hesitate to reach out.